Strengthening risk resilience: highlights of 2015
Hereafter, we describe some key transactions and initiatives strengthening risk resilience in which we were involved during 2015. Covering natural disaster, weather and pandemic risks, they help communities become more resilient to such shocks by ensuring that adequate funding is in place for quick and effective responses.
- Strengthening earthquake resilience in Turkey
- Supporting the African Risk Capacity
- Protecting the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund
- Helping to develop insurance markets in China
- Protecting Vietnamese farmers against livestock loss
- Helping to develop a Pandemic Emergency Facility
Climate change adaptation
Our solutions offering re/insurance protection against extreme weather events and weather volatility help communities to adapt to climate change, by making them more resilient against such risks.