Strengthening risk resilience: 2016 highlights
Hereafter, we describe some key transactions and initiatives we were involved in during 2016 to strengthen risk resilience. Covering a range of natural disaster and weather risks, they help communities become more resilient to such shocks by ensuring that adequate funding is in place for quick and effective responses.
- Helping to make New Orleans more resilient
- Protecting homeowners in the UK against flood risk
- Ramping up natural disaster insurance in China
- Supporting a national rice insurance scheme in Thailand
- Enabling MFIs in Indonesia to cope with earthquakes
- Protecting Kenyan livestock farmers against drought
- Helping to insure small businesses in Guatemala
- Payouts to our clients in 2016
Climate change adaptation
Our solutions offering re/insurance protection against extreme weather events and weather volatility help communities to adapt to climate change by making them more resilient against such risks.