Goals for our Corporate Responsibility Topics
For all our existing as well as the revised and new Corporate Responsibility Topics we have set goals – some quantitative, others qualitative. The overview shows where you can find information on the progress we have made on these goals.
Managing climate and natural disaster risk
- For general strategic objectives, see special section on our climate change strategy;
- Based on our commitment made to the UN, offer USD 10 billion protection against climate risks to 50 sovereigns and sub-sovereigns by 2020.
Advancing sustainable energy solutions
- Use our capacity and technical expertise to provide effective risk covers for complex offshore wind farm projects.
Funding longer lives
- Use our capacity, technical expertise and natural offset of our mortality business to offer our clients risk transfer solutions for their longevity risk.
Partnering for food security
- In cooperation with key stakeholders, create solutions to improve food security by giving farmers protection against natural perils;
- Through our commitment to the Grow Africa Partnership, offer up to 1.4 million smallholder farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa protection against weather risks by 2017.
Managing sustainability risks
- Consistently identify potential sustainability risks in our business transactions and abstain from them if warranted;
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the Sensitive Business Risk (SBR) process by advancing automation of sustainability risk screening with our proprietary SBR Assessment Tool;
- Engage with clients and industry partners on how to address and reduce sustainability risks in business transactions, especially in high growth markets.
Engaging our people
- Continue to build an organisation of diverse people that have a passion to make the world more resilient;
- Achieve a top-quartile employee engagement score (EES >71%).
Ensuring good corporate governance and compliance
- Continuously assess our corporate governance against best practices and new stakeholder demands;
- Regularly update our compliance policies as appropriate, oversee effective implementation thereof and deliver meaningful training and communication to our employees.
- Meet our investment target for green bonds of at least USD 1.0 billion.
Reducing our environmental footprint
- Keep per-capita CO2 emissions from our own operations at 2013 levels, which we had reduced by 49.3% in the ten years since 2003;
- Reduce our energy intensity by an average 2% per year;
- Obtain 100% of power used for our own operations from renewable sources by 2020;
- Include our tier 1 and tier 2 vendors in the EcoVadis platform by 2020.
Swiss Re Foundation: Empowering communities
- Contribute to resilient societies by increasingly engaging Swiss Re employees with their skills and expertise.
Advancing access to insurance
- Advance our understanding of the societal impact of insurance and develop metrics to measure our impact on stakeholders.
Navigating the digital transformation
- Refine our understanding of societal challenges related to the digital transformation.