Group Chief Legal Officer
Hermann Geiger started his professional career in 1990 as a law clerk and qualified attorney at law, working with various major law firms, specialising in financial services transactions and regulation, capital markets, corporate and litigation. In 1995, he joined GE Insurance Solutions where he served as General Counsel Europe & Asia in the insurance business of General Electric. Following the acquisition of GE Insurance Solutions by Swiss Re in 2006, Hermann Geiger joined Swiss Re as Regional General Counsel Europe. In 2009, he assumed the global position as Head Legal & Compliance and Group Chief Legal Officer. As of 1 July 2019, Hermann Geiger was appointed as a member of the Group Executive Committee.
- PhD in Law, University of Constance, Germany
- PhD in Economics and Political Sciences, University of the German Federal Armed Forces Munich, Germany
- LL.M. (Master of Laws), University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Board member of the European General Counsel Association
- Advisory Board member of ARIAS Europe
- Member of the Swiss-American Chamber of Commerce’s legal committee