Swiss Re’s compensation framework is designed to add to the success of the business by:
- Supporting a culture of sustainable high performance with a focus on risk-adjusted financial results.
- Ensuring alignment of compensation to business results and individual contribution and recognising both what was achieved and how it was achieved.
- Supporting Swiss Re’s commitment to attract, motivate and retain the qualified talent the Group needs to succeed globally.
- Aligning the interests of employees with those of Swiss Re’s shareholders and society at large.
- Fostering compliance and supporting appropriate and controlled risk-taking.
Swiss Re seeks to ensure that total compensation is competitive in local labour markets and well balanced in terms of fixed versus variable compensation and in terms of short-term versus long-term incentives. This encourages sustainable long-term performance and supports shareholder alignment as well as appropriate risk-taking in line with the business and risk strategy. The compensation package is complemented by competitive pension plans and benefits.
Swiss Re is committed to ensuring equal pay for equal work and has a non-discriminatory approach to determining compensation and benefits at all levels.