Base salary and Benefits
Base salary is the fixed compensation paid to employees for carrying out their role and is established based on the following factors:
- Scope and responsibilities of the role, and qualifications required to perform the role.
- Market value of the role in the location in which Swiss Re competes for talent.
- Skills and expertise of the individual in the role.
Swiss Re aims to provide a competitive package of employee benefits. Benefits are designed and implemented under a global framework, while appropriately reflecting differing local employment market conditions.
The key objectives of Swiss Re’s benefits packages are to:
- Provide a degree of security for employees as it relates to pension, health matters, disability and death.
- Be competitive in the markets where Swiss Re competes for talent.
- Connect with Swiss Re values and enhance engagement.
Additionally, forfeiture provisions apply in certain benefit plans.