Group Chief Investment Officer
Guido Fürer commenced his career at Swiss Bank Corporation/O’Connor & Associates in 1990. During the following seven-year period, he held leading positions in option trading and at its capital market division in Chicago, New York, London and Zurich. Guido Fürer joined Swiss Re in 1997 as Managing Director at Swiss Re New Markets, focusing on alternative risk transfer. From 2001 to 2004, he worked for Swiss Re’s Private Equity unit with responsibility for the European strategic participations. In 2004, he joined Asset Management, first taking over responsibility for tactical asset allocation prior to assuming the role of Head of Swiss Re’s Chief Investment Officer Office with responsibility for strategic asset allocation and additionally Chief Investment Officer for the Business Units Reinsurance and Corporate Solutions. Guido Fürer has led Swiss Re Group Asset Management since his appointment as Group Chief Investment Officer and member of the Group Executive Committee in November 2012.
- Member of the Board of Directors FWD Group
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Department of Banking and Finance, University of Zurich, and of the Board of Trustees G&B Schwyzer-Winiker Stiftung
- Master’s degree in Economics, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- PhD in Financial Risk Management, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Executive MBA from INSEAD, Fontainebleau, France