Sir Paul Tucker
Member, non-executive and independent
Sir Paul Tucker was elected to the Board of Directors of Swiss Re Ltd in 2016. He is a member of the Finance and Risk Committee and the Investment Committee.
Sir Paul Tucker was the Deputy Governor of the Bank of England from 2009 to 2013. He held various senior roles at the Bank of England from 1980 onwards, including as a member of the Monetary Policy Committee, Financial Policy Committee, Prudential Regulatory Authority Board and Court of Directors. He also served as a member of the Steering Committee of the G20 Financial Stability Board and as a member of the Board of the Bank for International Settlements. In 2014, he was granted a knighthood for his services to central banking. Sir Paul Tucker is the author of Unelected Power: The Quest for Legitimacy in Central Banking and the Regulatory State (Princeton University Press, 2018).
- Chairman of the Systemic Risk Council
- Research Fellow at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government
- Board member of the Financial Services Volunteers Corps
- Member of the Advisory Committee of Autonomous Research
- Senior Fellow at the Harvard Center for European Studies
- Governor of the Ditchley Foundation
- President of the UK’s National Institute of Economic and Social Research
- BA in Mathematics and Philosophy, Trinity College, Cambridge, United Kingdom