Group Chief Financial Officer
Nationality: Dutch and American
David Cole began his career in 1984 with ABN AMRO. In 1999, he was appointed Executive Vice President and regional Head of Risk Management for Latin America, located in Brazil. In 2001, he returned to Amsterdam to assume Corporate Centre responsibility within Group Risk Management. He became Chief Financial Officer of Wholesale Clients (WCS) in 2002 and was appointed Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of WCS in 2004. In January 2006, he became Head of Group Risk Management for ABN AMRO Bank and in 2008 was named Chief Financial Officer and Chief Risk Officer.
David Cole joined Swiss Re in November 2010 as Deputy Chief Risk Officer and was appointed Group Chief Risk Officer and member of the Group Executive Committee in March 2011. He was appointed Group Chief Financial Officer as of May 2014.
- Member of the Board of Directors FWD Group
- Member of the Supervisory Board IMC B.V.
- Member of the Board of Directors Vontobel Holding AG
- Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Georgia, USA
- International Business Program, Nyenrode Universiteit, The Netherlands