Renato Fassbind (1955), Swiss
Vice Chairman, non-executive and independent
After two years with Kunz Consulting AG, Renato Fassbind joined F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG in 1984, becoming Head of Internal Audit in 1988. From 1986 to 1987, he worked as a public accountant with Peat Marwick in New Jersey, USA. In 1990, he joined ABB Ltd as Head of Corporate Staff Audit and, from 1997 to 2002, was Chief Financial Officer and member of the Group Executive Committee. In 2002, he joined Diethelm Keller Holding Ltd as Group Chief Executive Officer. From 2004 to 2010, he was Chief Financial Officer and member of the Executive Board of Credit Suisse Group AG. Renato Fassbind was elected to Swiss Re’s Board of Directors in 2011 and is a member of the Chairman’s and Governance Committee, the Audit Committee and the Compensation Committee.
- Board member of Kühne + Nagel International Ltd
- Board member of HSBC Holdings plc
- Board member of the Swiss Federal Audit Oversight Authority
- PhD in Economics, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Denver, USA