We lead by example and work to minimise the environmental impact of our operations. Bringing CO2 emissions to net zero by 2030 is our key target.
- Announced introduction of an ambitious triple-digit internal Carbon Steering Levy.
- Set target to reduce CO2 emissions from air travel by 30% relative to 2018 level, to be followed by ambitious post-COVID target.
- Completed second cycle of our Greenhouse Neutral Programme (2003 – 2013), meeting and exceeding targets for CO2 emissions per employee as well as energy intensity.
- Met our target to cover 100% of our power consumption from renewable sources by the end of 2020.
- Had 95% of all our Tier 1 and Tier 2 vendors ESG-assessed by the end of 2020.
- Decided to launch a follow-up initiative to our COyou2 Programme.
As a knowledge company in the financial services sector, we do not cause large environmental or social impacts through our own operations. Nonetheless, we firmly believe that as a company committed to sustainability we should minimise our operational footprint and lead by example through ambitious targets and measures.
For our core re/insurance business, climate change represents a key topic. Reflecting this, we have been focusing on our own CO2 emissions and energy consumption for many years. Our pioneering initiatives include the Greenhouse Neutral Programme and the COyou2 Programme, both of which were successfully wrapped up in 2020.
In 2019, we committed to achieving net-zero emissions in our operations by 2030. From 2021 we are implementing this new commitment by setting separate targets for emission reductions and carbon removal, both under the follow-up CO2NetZero Programme.
Furthermore, we apply sustainability guidelines to our supply chain activities. Extending our efforts beyond our company, we continue to play an active role in the Swiss Climate Foundation.