Strengthening risk resilience: 2017 highlights
In this section, we describe a selection of the innovative transactions and initiatives we were involved in during 2017 to strengthen risk resilience. These transactions help address the following of our Corporate Responsibility Topics, often more than one at the same time:
- Managing climate and natural disaster risk
- Partnering for food security
- Advancing access to insurance
They help our clients and their communities become more resilient to the risks they face by ensuring that adequate funding is in place when it is needed.
- Reinsuring flood insurance in the US
- Strengthening disaster resilience in the Philippines
- Protecting aquaculture in Taiwan against extreme rainfall
- Strengthening risk resilience in Lishui, China
- Launching the cat bond arm of the Pandemic Emergency Financing Facility
- Payouts to Caribbean governments
- Payout to Kenyan herders affected by drought
- Launching our rainX tool
CLIMATE CHANGE ADAPTATION
Our solutions offering re/insurance protection against extreme weather events and weather volatility help communities adapt to climate change by making them more resilient against such risks.