Walter B. Kielholz
Walter B. Kielholz began his career at the General Reinsurance Corporation, Zurich, in 1976 where he held several positions in the US, UK and Italy before assuming responsibility for the company’s European marketing. In 1986, he joined Credit Suisse, where he was responsible for relationships with large insurance groups. He joined Swiss Re in 1989 where he became an Executive Board member in 1993 and was Chief Executive Officer from 1997 to 2002. He was Vice Chairman from 2003 until he was nominated Chairman in 2009. In addition, he chairs the Chairman’s and Governance Committee of the Swiss Re Board. Walter B. Kielholz was also a member of the Board of Directors of Credit Suisse Group AG from 1999 to May 2014 and served as Chairman from 2003 to 2009.
- Vice Chairman of the Institute of International Finance
- Member of the European Financial Services Round Table
- Member of the Board of Trustees of Avenir Suisse
- Chairman of the Zurich Art Society
- Business finance and accounting degree, University of St. Gallen, Switzerland