Hans Ulrich Maerki
Member, non-executive and independent
Hans Ulrich Maerki worked for IBM for 35 years, starting in 1973. From 1993 to 1995, he was General Manager of IBM Switzerland. He was appointed Chairman of the Board of Directors of IBM Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) in 2001 and was Chief Executive Officer of IBM EMEA from 2003 to 2005. Hans Ulrich Maerki was elected to Swiss Re’s Board of Directors in 2007 and is a member of the Audit Committee and the Compensation Committee.
- Board member of Mettler-Toledo International Inc.
- Member of the Foundation Board of the Schulthess-Klinik Zurich
- Member of the international advisory boards of the École des Hautes Études Commerciales (EDHEC), Paris, the IESE Business School University of Navarra and Bocconi University Milan
- Master of Science in Business Administration, University of Basel, Switzerland
- Senior Fellow of Advanced Leadership, Harvard University, Cambridge, USA