Philip K. Ryan
Member, non-executive and independent
Philip K. Ryan held various positions with Credit Suisse from 1985 until 2008, including Chairman of the Financial Institutions Group (UK), Chief Financial Officer of Credit Suisse Group (Switzerland), Chief Financial Officer of Credit Suisse Asset Management (UK) and Managing Director of CSFB Financial Institutions Group (USA/UK). He was Chief Financial Officer of the Power Corporation of Canada from January 2008 until May 2012. In that capacity, he was a director of IGM Financial Inc., Great-West Lifeco Inc., and several of their subsidiaries, including Putnam Investments. Philip K. Ryan was elected to Swiss Re’s Board of Directors in April 2015. He chairs the Finance and Risk Committee and is a member of the Chairman’s and Governance Committee and the Audit Committee.
- Board member of Medley Management, Inc.
- Adjunct Professor at NYU Stern School of Business
- Member of the Smithsonian National Board
- MBA, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, USA
- Bachelor of Industrial Engineering, University of Illinois, USA