Mathis Cabiallavetta (1945),
Swiss Vice Chairman, non-executive and independent
Mathis Cabiallavetta held several positions at UBS AG from 1971, including President of the Group Executive Board in 1996 and Chairman in 1998. He joined Marsh & McLennan Companies in 1999 and was Vice Chairman of the company from 2001 to 2004. He was elected to Swiss Re’s Board of Directors in 2008 and became Vice Chairman in 2009. He chairs the Finance and Risk Committee as well as the Investment Committee and is a member of the Chairman’s and Governance Committee.
- Board member of Philip Morris International and BlackRock, Inc.
- Executive Advisory Board member of General Atlantic Partners (GAP)
- Former member of the Bank Council of Swiss National Bank
- Past Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Swiss Bankers Association
- Past committee member of the Board of Directors of SIX Swiss Exchange
- Past member of the International Capital Markets Advisory Committee of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, University of Montreal, Canada